Product Life Cycle
- Take products from concept to launch
- Define company / product vision and mission
- Manage products at early stage startups and grow products aligned
with company vision.
- Create business plans, executive summary and elevator pitch.
- Identify customer problem, market opportunity and industry dynamics.
Define product strategy, pricing strategy, sales strategy, promotion
strategy, development strategy, growth strategy, financial projections,
competitive analysis and exit strategy.
- Large network of investors. Present business ideas to Angel Investors
and Venture Capital companies.
- Market research: market sizing, market segmentation and competitive
- In-depth research on Clean / Green Tech industries including Energy
Efficiency, Smart Grid, Green Buildings, Energy Management, Renewable
Energy, Carbon Accounting & Trade and Electric Cars.
- Market research, gather customer requirements, create market requirement
documents (MRDs) and prototypes.
- Technical savvy to make Buy vs Build vs Partner decisions.
- Define, drive and execute product strategy by interfacing with customers,
executive staff, sales, engineering, support, QA and documentation.
- Conduct usability studies and run beta programs.
- Turn products around and increase customer base.
- Work with Fortune 500 customers, SMBs and startups.
- Manage products in B2B as well as B2C domains. Industries with prior
Supply Chain, Demand Chain & Maritime Logistics, CRM, Enterprise
Mobility, ERM, FSA, Marketing Automation, SFA, Speech Applications,
RDBMS, SOA & Web Services, , Event Management, Online Travel Insurance,
Web 2.0, EDA, Computer Systems and Hardware Test Vector Simulation.
- Implement Agile / Scrum product development process. Implementation
of structured yet flexible product development process results in delivery
of quality products in a timely, strategic and well-planned manner.
The results also include well-defined product roadmaps, managed customer/sales
expectations, reduction of feature creep and well-defined product direction
- Interact with engineers at a technical level.
- Hands-on development experience of complex software. In-depth understanding
of Java, J2EE, SOA, Web Services, JSP, EAI, VoiceXML, User Interfaces,
XML, HTML and SQL. Familiarity with JPF, JSF, Beehive, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI
- Internationalization (I18N) and Localization (L10N) issues.
- Identify and resolve problems in product development process.
- Manage geographically dispersed and offshore development teams.
- Strategies for Disaster Recovery and Decision Support Systems.
- Instill cradle-to-cradle mindset.
- Market segmentation, product positioning, pricing, branding, competitive
analysis and sales/channel management.
- Define and implement PR, Social Media Marketing, Internet Marketing
and Lead Generation programs.
- Create marketing collateral including datasheets / brochures, product
roadmaps, presentations, website updates, pricing, case studies, white
papers, press releases, website content, feature / benefits, sales/channel
training and sales scripts.
- Define and develop demos, for different vertical markets, using leading-edge
- Monitor and analyze competitors, partners, and industry / customer
- Present to CXO level audiences and large audiences.Evangelize products
at trade shows, conferences, seminars, Web seminars and user groups.
- Manage channels and customers internationally, especially Japan and
- Manage multiple releases of multiple products at the same time.
- Manage SDK / API products to help create an eco-system around the
- Manage customer & channel review meetings.
- Turn products around, resulting in higher customer satisfaction, increased
customer base and quicker response to customer issues.
|End of Life
- Define upward and backward compatibility
- Define a transition path and process, with impact analysis, for customers
- Manage products to help customers transition from competitive